9/10/11

楽しい音楽 - やっぱり


楽しい音楽 is a fairly obscure band that, as far as i know, only put out one album in 1983. it's very difficult to find info about this band, because their name translates to something like "fun music". i know there were two members, by the name of 吉川洋一郎 (supplying the instruments) and what appears to be the legendary folk/pop singer あがた森魚 (supplying the little boy vocals). whether this is true or not i'm not entirely sure; my source might be wrong.

either way, this album sounds a bit like Picky Picnic or some other nagomu related acts (like 人生, for example). really hyper, childlike strangeness. on one track the vocalist goes through the act of mimicking the sounds of animals (like cats and birds and a sheep, for example). the whole time the synths are very cute and colorful, giving the album a very dreamlike quality.

albums like this are what make me enjoy music. i hope you'll feel the same way.


1. にっぽん絵葉書模様
2. ピラニア・ボーイ
3. 道でばったり動物たち
4. まわるよ
5. やっぱり
6. お茶の間
7. プラネタリウム投影機
8. オール怪獣総進撃
9. いやいやニコニコ
10. スピークスペル
11. おわかれスイング


ENJOY

9 comments:

  1. Love Picky Picnic, checkin' this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? I could have sworn this was already on here

    ReplyDelete
  3. noooooope. this is the first time i've ever posted it. :3 why, have you heard it already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, I might have seen it as a related artist or in your charts (that would explain why I made the link)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and no, I never actually listened to them before this monday, there's so much stuff I only know by sight... "Avant-garde" stuff like this is pretty hate-it-or-love-it so I'm always hesitant to try out half of the bands I come across

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just literally cannot deal with how perfect that cat-sheep song is. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. would really appreciate a reupload.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have reuploaded this album to my blog:
    https://senocaustico.blogspot.com/2019/04/hyone-pockbar-1-chojeon-199x.html

    ReplyDelete